Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reluctant Winter Runner - Part 2

I haven't tried the traction aids. I've been running without them. I frankly thought I'd fall flat on my face! I decided I wanted to conquer the challenge of running without them. I'm going quite a distance to visit relatives for Christmas, far enough north that it'll take me the better part of a day on the train. The place is out in the sticks and always snow and ice laden. I want to get a couple of runs in out there, I've run there in the summer, and I think the traction aids will be ideal.

I have been cheating though running on the treadmill and doing spinning classes indoors. Not quite embracing winter as much as I wanted to.

It's a work in progress.

Just like I am .

1 comment:

  1. Not to worry I am keeping to treadmill and the eliptical w strength training for now. Don't want to risk injury on ice at the moment. Let me know how the traction aids work out as I haven't run outdoors since the Santa Shuffle. I don't think I'll be able to make it for the resolution run. We're in Niagara @ Great Wolf Lodge til afternoon on Dec 31. I'll be joining the 5k/ 10 k clinic in new year w runners choice. You are inspiring me to rethink my decision to not run outdoors during this snowy piece we are getting. Lets try to connect if not before the new Year...shortly thereafter.

    ReplyDelete