Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year! You're ruining your eyes!!!

It's that time of year when everyone starts anew! New goals, new commitments, new beginnings. It's also the most popular time for people to join or rejoin a gym.

I have made some fitness goals and luckily for me, I got my membership about a month ago and can go at odd times of day, as to avoid the inevitable ensuing crowds!

I was running on the treadmill on New Years Eve day. I decided to visit a club in the chain I belong to that's closer to my neighbourhood. I've been trying to run outside more but because of the rain, I chose indoors.

What I saw made me laugh out loud!

Not only were there TVs on every wall, like most gyms, but most of the cardio equipment had a TV console right on the front of it!

This isn't my gym and it's not exactly the same but close as I could find!


So there's a couple of regular channels you can surf through, like TSN, The Food Network, and Much More Music.

Am I crazy or is anyone else alarmed by how close that screen is to your eyes?!

It is seriously hard to run, or it was for me, with a screen that close to your face! Again, my eyesight is dwindling with age, but I don't suffer from vertigo nor is my peripheral vision deteriorating!

That screen is too damn close!!!

I looked around to see if anyone else noticed me laugh out loud.

Of course no one did because everyone, and I mean every single soul, at least there when I was, had a pair of ear buds in their ears!

We are drones! DRONES I tell you!

There isn't even a choice of running on a treadmill without the screen!

Don't get me wrong, I used to belong to another "chain" of clubs and they had a screen facing the spin bikes and you could actually do a class with a real instructor... but I don't remember being able to see the size of his pores, which I could most certainly see on Pink as I watched the MMM Countdown!

I know. I'm starting to sound like a curmudgeon... but I don't CARE! Someone has to notice these things besides me!!!

Can't wait till tomorrow when it's back outside :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment